Experience the breathtakingly beautiful Raja Ampat with its diverse natural scenes and spectacular diving from the most experienced vessel in the area: Shakti!
The Shakti has been permanently based in Raja Ampat and operating bi-monthly 12 days dive expeditions since 2002. No other liveaboard has spent this much actual time in Raja Ampat throughout the year. Having extensively explored the region within the past 13 years, the Shakti-team can offer unique itineraries to genuinely unknown and pristine dive sites. One of the best ways to explore this remote marine environment off West Papua’s Bird’s Head Peninsula is on board a traditional Phinisi Schooner. There are over 700 islands to explore and a myriad reefs and coral cays. Even after years of exploring, new sites and even new endemic species are continually being discovered. Raja Ampat offers a whole diversity of shallow water experiences - barrier reefs, mangroves, walls, fringing reefs, shallow pinnacles, caves, lagoons, channels. Each has its unique inhabitants and qualities. Diving, snorkeling and free diving without all the cumbersome equipment is an intensely ‘free’ experience. With a water temperature hovering around 28-30° C you don’t even need much gear to explore these shallow water ecosystems.
On Board Facilities & Accommodation
A 27m wood hull traditional Phinisi boat, 4 double, 2 single cabins accommodating up to 10 guests. She has been permanently based in Raja Ampat since 2002. No other liveaboard has spent this much actual time in Raja Ampat can offer unique itineraries to genuinely unknown and pristine dive sites.
The Shakti offers its ten guests ultimate comfort in the four spacious cabins below deck with one double and one single bed, or for the single traveler two single cabins with a double bed above deck, all cabins have A/C and 220v outlets.
- Breakfast: continental with fresh fruit and fresh baked bread, the guests can order individual breakfast egg style directly from the chef.
- Lunch and Dinner - a mix of Western and Asian food with lots of fish, seafood, vegetables, chicken and beef.
- Diverse snacks are served every day (fresh cake, cookies, nuts, etc.)
- Always available: fresh fruit, coffee, tea, water, soft drinks, fruit juices.
What’s Included on Board:
- The cruise, all scuba diving activities (up to 4 dives/day) and all group shore programs during the course of the cruise
- Regular air fills, tanks, weights and weight belt
- All meals and snacks while on board the vessel
- Water, tea, coffee, soft drinks while on board the vessel
- Transfers to and from the vessel and the respective airports on the cruise departure and return dates
|CRUISING SPEED||9 - 11 knots|