Entirely made of wood in the traditional Indonesian style, the 22-meter long Wellenreng is both pleasing to the eye and offers lots of room, a beautiful interior and the most modern equipment for your comfort. The average cruising speed is seven knots.
The 3 spacious double cabins (with an optional extra bed) are equipped with en-suite toilet and shower. All cabins have individual air conditioning, several power outlets (DIN) and, of course, bathrobes and towels are provided.
Specially selected teak has been used for the individually designed interior. The large sun deck of the two-master-phinisi schooner is ideal for sunbathing or to relax in the comfortable deckchairs in the shade.
Meanwhile the Wellenreng will take you past picturesque islands to your next diving spot. On request we will gladly provide mattresses for a night under the stars.
Start your day with the delicious aroma of freshly roasted Indonesian coffee and freshly baked bread as well as a selection of seasonal fruits. During the day, our chef will personally take care of you and tempt you with international cuisine and local specialties. He will also prepare fresh fish according to your preferences.
In the 25 m2 large salon with adjoining small bar coffee, tea and other non-alcoholic refreshments are always available during the day. It is here that the diving trip briefings will take place. In the evening films or the diving photos of the day can be watched using the 40â€œ flat screen or you can just enjoy listening to music from our audio system with iPod connection. If you are looking for some quieter evenings you may take a look at our library with books in several languages.
For your safety, the Wellenreng is equipped with modern safety equipment such as safety rafts, GPS, sonar, etc. All crew members undergo a training in emergency management procedures. The Austrian cruise director will give you a safety briefing during your first day on board. The Wellenreng is fully stocked with medical first aid kit and medical oxygen to help you if an accident happens. For your personal safety while you are diving we hand out a Nautilus Lifeline to every diver. If you are lost you can push the red button and the Nautilus Lifeline will send an alert message and your position to boats within 4000 square miles.
To make the diving as comfortable as possible for you we have a 6-meter long fiberglass dinghy for a safe and easy entry. Your diving equipment is stored there and waits for you to get wet. The empty 12 (80 cu.ft) and 15 (100 cu.ft) liter tanks will be changed by our crew during your relaxation time.
Between the guided dives there are lots of options for activities. To name a few you can go snorkeling, kayaking, fishing (outside the National Parks), use the video and photo processing equipment available in the saloon, read diving literature, watch movies or climb the crow's nest (only for the brave).
All our package prices include
- Accommodation in cabins with individual air conditioning, private toilet with shower, towels and daily housekeeping.
- Full board with extensive breakfast and two hot meals per day.
- Fresh fruits and snacks at any time, unlimited non-alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, free tea and coffee.
- Use of all onboard equipment, like kayaks, stand up paddle board, use of the fiberglass boats (6 m), Bauer compressors, tanks and weights.
- The trip will be led by an experienced cruise director.
- There will be 2-4 guided dives per day depending on the itinerary guided by an experienced Indonesian dive guide.
- Nautilus Lifeline for each diver - available for rent.
- Transfer from the local airport to the dive boat Wellenreng and return to the local airport
- Land excursions during the dive trip - depending on itinerary.
- A maximum of 6 divers per diving trip.
The package price does not include
- Airfares (can be arranged by our partner agents)
- Alcoholic drinks like beer, wine and cocktails
- Harbor, villages and national park fees (Komodo, Raja Ampat, Alor, Kalimantan = USD 300, Banda Sea Cruises, Cendrawasih, Triton bay = USD 350) Please note: national park fees can be changed by the local government or the national park office without any advance notice.
- Nitrox: The charge is USD 6 per Tank. We offer maximum 4 Nitrox dives per day what includes 1 Night dive. Nitrox must be preserved and is payable on board. Please note that we cannot guarantee availability because the oxygen suppliers are not always reliable in Indonesia.
- Upgrade to master cabin. If you want to pre-book the master cabin it costs USD 40 per person per night.
|VESSEL TYPE||Traditional Wooden Phinisi
|IDEAL FOR||Exploration | Cruising | Diving Trips|
Built: Tanah Beru, Sulawesi, Indonesia 2010
Type: Traditional graft-rigged Timber Phinisi
Beam: 6 m
Cruising Speed: 7 knots average
Crew: 5 Crew including Expedition Leader/ Dive Master
Engine: Mitsubishi Diesel 285 hp
Average cruising speed: 7 knots
Fuel: diesel tank 2,000 litre
Fresh water tank: 6,000 litre & treatment system
Navigation tools: Radio, GPS, compass
Safety: depth gauge, life rafts, trained paramedic on board