Having had her maiden voyage on Nov 8, 2015, M/V Samambaia is the newest two-mast wooden Phinisi schooner to sail some of the most gorgeous diving areas of Indonesia. Climb aboard into sheer luxury and unparalleled comfort: our focus is the utter satisfaction of our guests.
With an overall length of 40 meters (130 feet) and a beam of 9 meters (29 feet), and catering to only 14 guests, the Samambaia offers 7 tastefully decorated staterooms:
- 2 double cabins ( 180 x 200 cm Bed)
- 2 convertible cabins (double or twin) and
- 2 twin cabins on the lower deck ( 90 x 200 cm Bed)
- Plus a beautiful 160 sqf. Master Cabin (180 x 200 cm Bed ) with stunning 180° sea views on the main deck.
Each stateroom has a private en-suite bathroom, under bed storage, wardrobes and individually controlled AC.
On board the M/V Samambaia the 18-to-22 experienced, professional and friendly crew are always on hand, in order to help to create the unforgettable journey. Guests are catered to with delicious and varied international cuisine prepared every day with locally sourced ingredients by our chef, and our galley includes fresh ice-cream and daily baked bread and pastries. For relaxation guests can choose the shaded sundeck and soak in the spectacular Indonesian views in our comfortable loungers, or enjoy a relaxing massage from the on board masseuse.
Divers and snorkelers alike will marvel at the underwater beauty of Indonesia, with unique cruises to Raja Ampat, Banda Sea, Alor and Komodo. Whilst the Samambaia Yacht is new our crew and dive guides have years of experience in the area; we offer an impressive dive master/guide to customer ratio of 4 to 1 ensuring the best service underwater both in terms of safety and enjoyment. Especially designed for our guests dedicated to underwater photography, we provide a camera room with separate camera work stations with integrated 110v and 220v charging station; we also have a huge diving deck with two hot water showers. The Samambaia has two 21-foot skiffs which serve as tender-boats, each one capable of swiftly transporting 8 divers to any dive site within an extended, safe radius of the mother ship; the same crafts are used for ship-to-shore transfers and any other conceivable recreational or support related activities. All of our skiffs are powered by 4-cycle 40 HP twin-outboard motors.
Everything on the Samambaia is dual or redundant: compressors, generators, water-makers, GPS, navigation and communications devices, even life rafts; all to guarantee your utter comfort and safety. Divers can not only enjoy spectacular day and night diving, but a range of activities during the surface intervals such as scenic rides through lagoons and coves, trekking, visits to secluded beaches and whale watching. Last but not least, ALL our Nitrox is free, just like the beer! Additional surcharges apply to on-board massages, wine and spirits, rental gear, Harbor/Port Clearance fees, National Park fees, and exceptionally to fuel dependent on sudden fuel price increases.
- Transfers from and to the airport or hotel in the location of embarkation to and from MV. Samambaia
- Accommodation on board in double or twin bed cabin with en-suite shower, toilet and AC.
- Full board including all drinks on board (excluding wine and spirits).
- Up to four dives per day (No diving on embarkation and disembarkation day) accompanied by qualified dive guides. Missed dives do not result in reimbursement claim.
- Nitrox fillings for certified enriched air nitrox divers ( courses available on request and subject to charge)
- Weights and weight belts
- Multilingual cruise director on board
- All offered excursions
- Soft drinks
- Italian Coffee: espresso, cappuccino, etc.
- Premium selected Tea
- Tanks (12 ltr)
- Kayak ( inflatable )
- Airport to harbour pickup (vice versa)
- Pre or post cruise hotels and flights
- Cost for excess luggage ( domestic and international flights)
- National marine park fees
- Fuel surcharges and harbour fees
- Long distance cruise fuel surcharge
- Dive rental gear
- 15 liter scuba tank
- Dive courses
- Dive and travel insurance
- Crew gratuities ( we recommend US$ 20 per day per guest)
- On-board massage
- Wine & Spirits
- Wakeboard ( free trial ), then US$ 25/30 minutes
And the other additional surcharge (Paid on board) for example Raja Ampat are :
- Fuel surcharge US$ 150
- Harbour fee US$ 75
- National Park fee US$ 100
|VESSEL TYPE||Traditional Wooden Phinisi
|IDEAL FOR||Exploration | Cruising | Diving Trips|
|OTHER||Maiden Voyage: November 2015
Type: Traditional two mast wooden Phinisi schooner
Total length: 42 m
Length over deck: 34 m
Beam: 9 m
Sails: 420 sqm
Cruising Speed: 8-10 knots
Main engine: Yanmar Marine Turbo, 500 HP
Generators: 2 x Mitsubishi 60 kWA, 1 x Yanmar 30 kWA, 1 x Mitsubishi 30kWA.
Fuel capacity: 10,000 liter.
Fresh water capacity: 12,000 liter.
Water makers: 2 x 5000 liter/day.
Navigation & Communication: 2 x Garmin GPS, 2 x Furuno radar, 2 x Furuno depth sounder, VHF radios, SSB radio, AIS.
Safety & Rescue: 2 x life rafts (45 pax capacity), 45 lifejackets, safety flares, Epirb, MOB buoy, satellite phone, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, fire hydrant.
Diving: 2 x CAT 250 liter compressors, Atlas Copco Nitrox compressor, 40 x 12 liter and 6 x 15 liter aluminum tanks (DIN & yoke), 2 x 6,5 meter fiberglass tenders, 2 x 40 HP each.