Launched in 2014, Mantamae is a gorgeous Phinisi boat style. The Mantamae captures the spirit of Indonesia and offers a unique opportunity to experience her beauty. The ancestors to the modern Phinisi are the vessels that transported spices from the islands known as the “East Indies”. For centuries, native people have sailed from South Sulawesi across the shallow seas of the Indonesian Archipelago. The great age of sail, which ended in the West in the early twentieth century, never quite ended in Indonesia. The Phinisi is a traditional two master sailing ship, Indonesian wooden boat.
Indonesian Phinisi schooners that can be seen at full sail all around Indonesian seas for centuries, have been made of iron wood. Phinisi Shipbuilding in Bira-Sulawesi has a long tradition and has been handed down through generations. This fascinating shipbuilding culture is based on the myth of the creation of the first boat by their ancestors. Now the mystical beliefs of the ancient mythology are still strong in every process of making Phinisi boats, which always begins with a ritual.
The modern wooden boat, Phinisi type has been derived from similar craft that have been in use around Indonesia for several centuries. Nowadays the Phinisi boats are an essence of ancient romantic traditions supplemented with modern design and technology. Phinisi boats are something more than just sailing objects. The Phinisi boats express the spirit of Indonesia and a continuity of maritime tradition in the world of modern yacht charters.
Mantamae has been designed and decorated using natural materials. The all-wooden hull design and super structure is based on the traditional Indonesian Phinisi style. The interior has unique mosaic panels created from materials found on the beach such as coral sand shells from Indonesia, combined with fossil woods, labradorite (the power stone of magic) and quartz imported from Madagascar. The large main deck is excellent for sunbathing. It contains a large and comfortable seating area, to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
In between diving and shore activities, it’s the favorite lounge area, to relax in the shade of Mantamae’s huge sails. Meals can be enjoyed here al-fresco at the oblong dining table. The below deck is made up with one king size bed room with private bathroom. An additional bed on the right side. The room is equipped with air-conditioning, TV and safety box. The upper deck in front of the wheelhouse provides more space for sun bathing, reading, massages or to take a nap in the hammocks or on the sun loungers. A large stern platform has convenient storage for dive tanks and equipment.
- Diving / Snorkeling brand new Mares gear.
- 2 Kayaks
- 1 SeaDoo Jets Sky
- 3 SeaDoo Sea scooter
- Fishing tools
- Echo sounder
- WIFI satellite connection (under payment)
- Full board accommodation
- Diving (up to 4 dives per day). As a general rule there is one dive on arrival day (check dive) and no diving on departure day.
- Dive Guide.
- Dive on last day depending on flight.
- Missed dives cannot be claimed for a reimbursement.
- Land and/or shore excursions according to Manta Mae program/itinerary
- Snacks, soft drinks, water, tea, coffee, espresso
- Weights and weight belts
- Pick up and drop off to embarkation/disembarkation Hotel or Airport
- Government taxes
- Administration/port clearance fee
- Welcome drink
- Laundry (2 pcs/day)
- Fishing activity (based on possibility to do in certain areas)
- Kayak activity
- National Parks Entrance Fee
- Fuel Surcharge (up to 5 hours navigation per day no extra fuel surcharge)
- Diving Courses
- Diving Gear
- Jet Sky is subject to fuel surcharge, U$ 40 /hr.
- Sea Scooter is subject to surcharge, U$ 25 /hr.
- International and domestic flight tickets
- Hotels and meals before and after the cruise
- Beers, Alcoholic drinks and Wine
- Diving Insurance (mandatory). DAN Insurance, Aquamed or similar.
- Travel Insurance (recommended)
- Crew gratuities
- WIFI satellite connection
|VESSEL TYPE||Traditional Wooden Phinisi|
|IDEAL FOR||Cruising | Diving Trips|
Beam: 6.67 m
Draft: 2.70 m
Gross Tonnage: 98 tons
Engines: Mitsubishi M/E type 8DC9, 295 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 – 9 knots
Safety: 10 person’s inflatable life rafts, life jackets (20 pcs), buoys, safety flares, smoke detectors in each cabin, fire extinguishers, first aids equipment, oxygen onboard.
Diesel Generators: 2 Mitsubishi 60 KW ~ 1 Yanmar 15 KW + 1 Emergency Generator Krisbow 5 KW
Available Voltage: 220 V
Water Tank: 6,000 liter + osmosis system
Fuel Tank: 6.5 tons
Scuba Tanks: 30 Amscud aluminum tanks (6 15 liter Tanks)
Compressors: 2 CAT COMPRESSOR, Nitrox membrane system available
Guest Capacity: Max 9 guests. 1 Master Cabin with king bed, 2 Deluxe Cabin with queen bed and single bed.
Crew: 8 Indonesian Crew + 1 Indonesian Dive Master and 1 foreign cruise manager.
Tenders: 1 RIB tender 5.7 MT with outboard 100 HP engine +1 RIB tender 4 MT with 25HP engine.