ABOUT KURABESI EXPLORER
Come aboard the Kurabesi Explorer, a 28 meters traditional Phinisi schooner that provides a spacious, luxurious home from which to experience the untouched beauty of the islands of Papua. Created by a locals social entrepreneur, the Kurabesi Explorer will not only provide you with a holiday of a lifetime, but will also give you the opportunity to engage with and support local indigenous communities, enjoying their warm hospitality, while contributing to community projects.
The Kurabesi Explorer strives to provide a unique eco-tourism experience to our guests. On a journey tailored to your needs, you will enjoy magnificent panoramas and diverse cultures in places such as Maluku, Ceram, Halmahera and Papua. This is one of the last frontiers for the survival of endangered forest and marine habitats and the magnificent species that live within them. It is one of the few areas with forests completely untouched by man and it includes some of the oldest forest communities in the world.
Holidaying in this region is a privilege and many people feel that they would like to give back, which is why we work with Bentara Papua. This local foundation aims to be a leader in sustainable tourism by promoting community conservation with a focus on marine, coastal and forest environments. This is beyond tourism imagination, created by Indonesian young professional and conservation passionate, along with the expedition we offer you to be involved on our initiative that dedicated for education and community engagement in sustainability, conservation, and promoting protection efforts in the last frontier of forest, marine, and some of the world's most endangered species.
The Kurabesi Explorer is a hand-crafted traditional style Phinisi, of the kind used by the Bugis seafarers from South Sulawesi. In keeping with her traditional style and classic feel, our phinisi schooner was hand built locally by craftsmen using skills and ancient techniques honed over many years. Modern touches have been added, but she remains true to her ancient tradition. The Kurabesi Explorer offers a unique charter experience for those who are seeking a truly Indonesian adventure.
The three decks harbor spacious cabins designed with safety, comfort and privacy as a priority. Facilities and amenities on board are selected to provide the most comfort during the length of your expeditions. The air-conditioning cabins with en-suite bathrooms are sleek yet cozy, a sanctuary to welcome you home after a long excursion undersea. Our spacious decks provide enough room for everyone to laze privately and group to mingle comfortably.
FACILITIES & SERVICES OFFERED
buy Lyrica overnight CABINS
- Six Guest Cabins double bed for Maximum 10 Guest. Five cabins at lower deck and 1 cabin at main deck, each cabin has a private bathroom with water flushing toilet and shower. Washbasin and soap toiletries in your cabin. Individually controlled air conditioning. Towels, changing bed sheets and covers. Reading light. Storage area and cabinets.
- Office room that you can use to work, editing your picture and store your camera is located in the main deck.
- Lounge and dining room is located in the main deck including entertainment facilities like TV, DVD, Books, etc.
- Our Galley where the chef is working is located in the main deck, there is enough space for you to cook your own food if you want to.
- Our Diving and Research platform at back of the ship in main deck where you can prepare your diving or research activity.
- The Master room, Bridge, and Navigation room is located at upper deck
- Big open space that you can use for meeting, out door dinner and enjoy the tropical sun.
incognita HOSPITALITY SERVICES
- Free tea & coffee making facilities and water 24 hours a day
- Excellent food and snacks (vegetarian choices available upon request)
- Buffet breakfasts
- Served lunch and dinner
- Afternoon snacks
- Bar service including International wine selection, cold beer, international spirits, specific soft drinks are on sale.
- Valuables and travel documents can be stored in our ship's safe
- Plenty of space for you on our sun and semi-covered decks.
- Fresh water shower after your return from the beach or diving.
- Outdoor sleeping under the stars.
- Excellent sound- & light systems
- Library for those who forgot to bring their book or want to share some
- Complete first aid box, emergency oxygen system, emergency radio
DIVING, Research and other activity
- Professional certified cruise director / dive instructor
- Spacious diving deck at the main deck of the ship for 12 divers
- 30x80 cu.ft Aluminum INT K-Valve tanks
- Fishing rods
- Full sets diving / snorkeling equipment
- UAV/Drone for forest monitoring and aerial picture
- 3 Dooms tend that you can take to enjoy the island overnight
CREW & MANAGEMENT
- Professional and Environmentalist Indonesian Owner
- Tender drivers
- Professional Cruise Manager / Dive Guide
|VESSEL TYPE||Wooden Traditional Phinisi|
|IDEAL FOR||Cruising | Diving Trips|