ABOUT KIRA KIRA
A construction by the Konjo Boat Builders of South Sulawesi. Hand crafted over a two year period on the beaches of Mandala Ria, in the village of Ara using Tropical Hardwoods from the forests of Kendari. Kira Kira is a 22 meter long Phinisi, boasting four cabins and a communal dining area, a covered dive deck and large sun area 4.5 meter wide, with two teak masts and a Ketch Cutter sail rig.
She motors at 7 - 8 knots and sails with the wind. The hull sits on a double Ironwood keel, the body first shaped over fires, the ribs crafted thereafter from Bitti timbers enclosed with a thick Teak deck. The cabins cut from Kendoli and Teak boast large beds and are naturally vented. Shared bathroom facilities with modern bathroom appliances, marine toilets and traditional handcrafts.
Comfortable sun lounging on deck, cold beers, incredible sunsets, a selection of fresh cooked Indonesian and western meals. Freshly caught fish, beach BBQ’s, fresh baked bread, hot coffee and treats. Kira Kira was launched in 2014 and is crewed by the Bugis sailors, from Bira in South Sulawesi. Known for life at sea, under sail.
- Full Crew with planned itinerary
- Harbour Clearance.
- Full board accommodation
- Drinking water, tea & coffee.
- 3 Freshly cooked meals per day and interval snacks & treats.
- SCUBA Diving as per itinerary.
- Weight belts, weights and SCUBA tanks.
- 1 Western Cruise Director.
- Shore excursions & island expeditions.
- The use of on board Fishing & Spear Fishing gear when permitted.
- The use of on board Snorkeling gear where safe
- The use of on board Kayak and Wakeboard facilities where safe and appropriate.
- On board emergency & medical supplies
- Local Airport, Express Boat & Hotel Transfers (Raja Ampat).
- National Park Entrance Fees.
- Rental dive gear.
- Beers & other alcoholic tipples.
- Canned & bottled soft drinks.
- Crew tip.
- Travel & Dive Insurance.
- International & Domestic flights.
- Airport Tax.
- Transfer to boat departure location (Komodo).
- Anything else not under found under “Inclusions”
|VESSEL TYPE||Wooden Traditional Phinisi|
|IDEAL FOR||Cruising | Diving Trips|
Hull Construction: Wood – Kayu Besi
Power: Motor & Sail
Decks: Lower & Upper
Rigging & Sail Area: Ketch Cutter/110 m2
Gross Tonnage: 26 Tons
Length Overall: 22 Meters
Beam: 4.5 Meters
Draught: 1.7 Meters
Inboard Engine: Mitsubishi 6D-16
Engine Output: 190 Horse Power
Fuel Capacity: 2 Tons (Diesel)
Cruising Speed: 7 - 8 Knots
Cruising Range: 1500 Nautical Miles
Fresh Water Capacity 3 Tons
Electricity Supply: 12/220 Volts
Sleeping Capacity: 8 Guests
Crew: 5 Indonesian & 2 Western
Navigation & Communication
Radio: ICOM - VHF M304 & M34/SSB M710
Nautical Charts: Navionics & Paper
Safety & Medical
Life Rings: 2
Life Jackets: 25 Adult/5 Junior
Signal Flares: Parachute, Rocket & Smoke
Fire Extinguishers: 4 x 6kg, 4 x 2 kg Powder
First Aid Kit: Yes
Oxygen: 1 x 12 Liters, 1 x 6 Liters
First Aid Providers: 2
Computer/Gadget Desk : Yes
SCUBA Tanks: 24 x 11 Liters
Rental Dive Gear: Yes
Western Dive Professionals: Yes
Dive Courses: By Request
Camera Rinsing Tub: Yes
Dive Platform: Yes
Tender: 6.2 Meter Plastic Hull
Outboard Engine: 2 x 40 HP Yamaha
Dining Table: Communal
Drinks: Beer & Soda
Dietary Requirements: Catered For
TV Projector: Yes
Audio System: Yes
DVD Player: Yes
Laptop: By Request