ABOUT DAMAI 1
The M/V Damai I is a part of the Damai fleet. The 40m, luxury DAMAI I Indonesia liveaboard has been designed to offer superior diving in the Indonesian archipelago while providing exceptional personal service. Guests enjoy all inclusive service onboard including spa therapy with Damai I’s Signature Service. Six luxurious and spacious cabins, exquisite cuisine and an attentive staff create the ultimate diving holiday. Damai I’s staterooms are equipped with queen or king sized beds, full bathrooms and showers and 110v and 220v charging stations. The onboard menu offers gourmet Western cuisine and vegetarian and special dietary requirements will be accommodated. The Damai I staff are highly trained and dedicated to making your diving holiday the trip of a lifetime. Diving aboard the Damai I offers a divemaster to diver ratio of 4 to 1, ensuring the best service underwater as well as onboard. MV Damai I has a large dive station with individual rinse tanks, a camera room with camera work stations and three large leisure decks for relaxing after your dive. Following the trade winds, Damai I is positioned around the Indonesian archipelago for year round scuba diving. Dedicated to guest satisfaction, Damai I offers itineraries to Alor, Bali, Banda sea, Cendrawasih, Gorontalo, Halmahera, Komodo, Raja Ampat, Triton Bay and the Forgotten Islands.
Cabins and Facilities
On the lower deck, there are 4 double queen-size bed cabins ( 2 of them can be used by single traveller as single cabins by paying the single supplement fee) and 1 Master king-size bed cabin. The upper deck has 1 additional Master cabin with its own private balcony. All cabins are very spacious and have en-suite bathrooms. The Master cabins have panoramic seaviews. All the cabins have:
- Individual control air conditioning
- Windows or portholes
- Bathroom with hot water shower and separate toilet cubicle
- Hand basin, mirror, hairdryer, toiletries and towels
- Reading lights
- Cabinet and writing desk
- Round twin plug 220/110V mains outlet - 24 hours per day - adaptors available
- Bedding and space for luggage
- Fire extinguisher and life jackets
2 motorised dive tenders - Free nitrox - 40m² dive deck with fresh hot water shower & toilet - Camera room with charging stations, table and individual rinse tanks - 40m² air-conditioned saloon with TV, video, music system and bar - Computer and internet - Satellite telephone - Fish ID and diving books - 65m² shaded area - 20m² sundeck with sun loungers - Water dispenser
You can enjoy fine dining onboard Damai I, with top-quality Indonesian and international cuisine. The chef will prepare your choice of dish from a varied menu which includes a selection of fish or seafood, vegetarian and meat based dishes, so all diets and preferences are catered for.
- Indonesian and international cuisine main meal dishes.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner - choose from a varied menu.
- Dining takes place in the air-con dining area on the main deck.
- Coffee, tea, water, soft drinks, beer, biscuits, toast and fruit are provided free of charge.
- Wine is also available for purchase.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for.
- Return transfers to/from the airport to the vessel or from/to any hotel and the airport the day of embarkation or disembarkation, within a distance of 20km
- Accommodation with A/C in twin or double bed cabin with en-suite showers and toilet.
- All meals and drinks while on board (excluding wine and Spirits). One glass of wine per person each night will be complimentary
- Air Tanks, weight belt and weights.
- Cruise director
- Experienced Dive Guides, with a maximum of 4 customers per guide
- Unlimited daytime diving and night dives (schedule permitting)
- Government taxes
- Land tours and group activities organized by Dive Damai
- First spa treatment of each person on board
- All vessel port and harbour fees: between USD5 and USD25 per day depending on the destination
- Enriched Air Nitrox: USD10 per diving day
- Dive/snorkel gear: USD3 per item or USD10 per full set per day
- National Park/maritime areas entrances fee
- Dive insurance: compulsory – please contact us for short term insurance options
- Laundry: US$ 1 per item
- Spa treatments after the first complimentary one: USD10 per 45 minutes treatment
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Crew gratuities
- International and domestic air, land, sea transportation, and excess baggage
- Visa, hotels and food ashore before and after the cruise
- VIP service at the airport- if available
|VESSEL TYPE||Phinisi Buginese Schooner|
|IDEAL FOR||Exploration | Cruising | Diving Trips|
|OTHER|| Technical Specifications
Built in year 2008, refurbished in 2012
Size - 40m x 8m
Weight - 220 tonnes
Top speed - 10 knots
Cruising speed - 9 knots
520 HP Mitsubishi engine
3 generators - 2 Mitsubishi & 1 Isuzu - 40, 25 & 20 KW
Elmot scuba tank compressor
EANx nitrox filling station
12, 15 and 10 litre aluminium tanks with DIN and international fittings
Electricity 220/110V - 24 hours per day
Water capacity - 10,000 litres
Fuel capacity - 20,000 litres
Fresh watermaker - 5,000 litres per day
Waste storage tank
Navigation, Safety Features
3 life rafts (max. 60 passengers)
2 x 40 HP Yamaha motorised tenders
HF & VHS radios
Global Positioning System (GPS)
Bilge pump alarm
Searchlight & horn
Medic first aid box
This operator has not confirmed the presence, or quantity of, oxygen on their liveaboard
Life jackets in cabins and near life rafts
Fire alarm system in engine room
Fire extinguishers throughout
Customer dive insurance is NOT provided and is mandatory