The Tambora is a 42 meter wooden Phinisi-style live-aboard that is characterized by comfort and space. A 42m wood hull traditional Phinisi boat, 8 double cabins comfortably accommodate up to 16 guests. She proves that sailing and cruising on a traditional, beautiful wooden schooner does not mean compromises in terms of creaturely comforts. Tambora offers all luxury and amenities that you can imagine.
Cruise destinations are both in Eastern and Western Indonesia, among others Sumatra, Kalimantan, North Sulawesi, Moluccas, Papua, Komodo and Bali.
On Board Facilities & Accommodation
The boat can accommodate 16 divers in 8 air-conditioned cabins that have either a double bed or large twin beds (no bunk beds). Each cabin has a private bathroom including shower, basin and toilet. Your cabins writing desk gives ample room to write your log book or download your underwater photos to your laptop. Insulation efforts during the construction of the boat ascertain that sounds of neighboring rooms and running engines are limited to a minimum.
The Tambora has a large salon with separate dining and relaxing sections, offering adequate space during mealtimes, as well as for relaxing or chatting with other guests. A large flat screen TV/DVD with home cinema surround sound completes the picture.
The Tambora provides satellite-based communication for phone calls, your personal email and internet access.
Three separate lounge decks at the bow, aft and salon rooftop give enough space and privacy, and can be fully shielded from the sun. The Tambora is equipped with a dive station, divided into a wet and dry section, including personal dive baskets for all guests, rinsing tanks, desk area and power sockets for charging batteries.
Breakfast is cooked to order – eggs, bacon, sausage, toast etc. Cereal and fruits also available. Buffet style lunch, mix of Indonesian and Western food.
What’s Included on Board:
- Airport or hotel pick-up/drop-off at city of embarkation/ disembarkation
- Accommodation in twin bed or double bed suite on board, all with en-suite bathroom with hot & cold water and individually controllable air conditioning
- All dives conducted as part of the regular cruise program
- All food & drinks served during the cruise, except wine and liquor
- Filled dive tanks (your choice of DIN or INT connection), weight belt and weights
- Any land excursions and visits to beaches as part of the regular cruise program
|CRUISING SPEED||8 - 10 knots|